I am asked this question a lot, so here’s my spin on the whole “blogging” phenomenon.
A “blog” is many things, and can be used for many purposes. I’ll begin by describing the things you can do with a blog, and let you decide what a blog really is, and what you can do as a blogger.
Things you can do with a blog:
- A blog can be an online newsletter, or an e-magazine, where YOU are the editor in chief!
- A way to create an audience for what you have to say.
- A way to exercise your FREEDOM of SPEECH.
- A business venture. Magazines have ads, so do blogs.
- A better website. Blogs are part of what has been called “Web 2.0″, where blog sites should eventually replace traditional websites.
- Software which allows you to syndicate your content to 3rd parties. This is done with RSS feeds.
- A way to share your ideas with the world.
What do you think a blog is?